Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mmmm, Granola

Maple Pecan Granola

I love granola. But, I am particular, so I made up my own. If you favor crunchy, simple deliciousness, then you must give this recipe a try. Feel free to substitute any nuts you may have on hand. Same goes for the raisins, any dried fruit will do. I've sprinkled mine on plain yogurt (Atlanta Fresh is the best!), strawberries, and drizzled with some local honey. Now for breakfast, I feel like I am treating myself to dessert!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • ¼ cup flax seed
  • 1/2 cup shredded sweet coconut
  • 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup canola/vegetable oil
  • 1 cup raisins

Directions

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.

In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil. Combine both mixtures and pour onto sheet pan. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.

Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed. Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment